For hundreds of thousands of families worldwide, Music Together® is children and their grownups joyfully sharing songs, rhymes, movement, and instrument play, both in music class and in their daily lives. A pioneer in early childhood music and movement education, Music Together offers classes for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers, in which parents and caregivers actively participate.
All children, even babies, are sounders and movers, and their natural aptitude for music blossoms in a sufficiently rich music environment. In fact, when given a supportive music environment, children learn to sing and dance as naturally as they learn to walk and talk.
How is this possible? Children learn differently than adults. They learn instinctively and constantly. They teach themselves through imitation and play, through being immersed in their environment, and through every interaction with adults and older children. The family-like setting of Music Together’s mixed-age classes enables siblings to attend together, creating an ideal learning environment where infants, toddlers, and preschoolers can freely participate at their own levels.
Music Together Classes
- Fully trained, registered Music Together teachers lead groups of six to twelve children and their parents or caregivers (nannies, babysitters, grandparents, or relatives) in forty-five minutes of music and movement experiences.
- Each weekly class offers a dozen songs and rhythmic rhymes, including fingerplays, small- and large-movement activities, and instrument play.
- Children and their adults have opportunities to create and improvise making up new words to songs, offering movement ideas, making silly sounds, and sharing musical ideas from the family’s play at home.
- The relaxed, playful, non-performance-oriented classroom setting respects and supports the unique learning styles, developmental levels, and temperaments of all participants, little babies, exploring toddlers, and creative preschoolers, creating a strong sense of community.
- Families receive a new CD each semester, a beautiful illustrated songbook, access to the Family Music Zone, and your collections available right in our music making app, Hello Everybody.
Your Role Is Essential
Young children learn through play and experimentation and by watching and listening to the grownups they love. Setting an example as an enthusiastic participator in music activities is the best thing any parent or caregiver can do to help set a child on the road to a lifelong love of music. Parents don’t need to have music skills—they just need a desire to play and have fun with their children! Our teachers are specially trained to create a safe atmosphere so you can happily join in, experiment, or even get silly—and feel closer to your child while doing so.
Music Learning Supports All Learning
Wiggling, singing, and laughing with your child is so much fun, it’s easy to forget how much learning is taking place! Our research-based curriculum not only develops music skills, it nurtures creativity, self-expression, and confidence while also supporting social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development. Because these benefits build over time, children enjoy the fullest growth in each of these areas when they participate as consistently as possible up through kindergarten.
Music Together art & logo design copyright ©1992-2019 Music Together LLC.
Music Together is a registered trademark.
Creative Keys is licensed by Music Together LLC.
For more Music Together locations: www.musictogether.com.