Creative Keys offers three types of piano lessons:
- Our innovative Comprehensive Piano Lessons – private instruction, ensemble class, and lab
- Music Masters – weekly group and partner lessons
- Traditional private lessons and piano lab
- Flexibly scheduled piano lessons for adults and older teens
Comprehensive Piano Lessons
Creative Keys is doing something different with piano lessons! Our innovative lesson structure combines three powerful elements to bring piano lessons to a new level. And you can only find this lesson structure at Creative Keys!
- Private instruction
- Cutting edge technology lab
- Weekly collaborative music opportunities
At Creative Keys, we believe music, for many people, is a social experience. Flute players play in a band, cellists play in the orchestra, and guitar players jam with their drummer and bass player. We pianists often don’t have opportunities to play with other musicians.
Creative Keys is unique because we offer weekly ensemble/performance classes for our students. Your student will thrive on the camaraderie, motivation, and fun they experience in these classes. We play keyboard ensemble music, improvise, learn theory and music history, and use the digital pianos as a keyboard band complete with a drum section!
We know your schedule is crazy, so our ensemble/performance classes are carefully planned so that when possible, siblings can come together and you don’t have to make multiple trips. Our block schedule allows most students to have their private lesson and piano lab back to back with their ensemble class.
- Siblings Mark and Heather arrive for their lesson – Mark has his private lesson while Heather uses the Piano Maestro app in the keyboard lab (20-30 minutes)
- Mark and Heather switch places – Heather has her private lesson while Mark records a blues improv on the Clavinova (20-30 minutes)
- Another set of siblings, Hallie and Ryan arrive and all four students jam together – today improvising, drumming, and a quick game of Note Speed (30 minutes)
- Mark and Heather leave, Hallie has her private lesson while Ryan composes in the lab (20-30 minutes)
- Ryan has his private lesson and Hallie reviews key signatures and then uses Meludia.com to train her ear (20-30 minutes)
So much learning takes place in just 90 minutes a week!